Saturday, 6 July 2013

Taste Test - V Burger Bar

I love a good burger now and then, and tonight was one of those nights.  This Saturday date night took us to V Burger which is located in the Vic Park Village which of course, is in Victoria Park.  I have only been there a couple of times before and that was quite a long time ago but I was hoping that it was still as good as I remembered.


V Burger is a first come first serve type of place and luckily for hubby and I, we arrived just before the crowd so we didn't have to wait very long for a seat at 7:30pm on a Saturday night.  We were so hungry, it didn't take us very long to decide what to order.

Our order
Moi - Chicken Deluxe (grilled chicken fillet, bacon, creamy double brie, mild chilli pesto, tomato, onion, mixed gourmet lettuce & aioli) $15.50
Hubby - Eggy Steaky (juicy & tender steak, creamy Tasmanian brie, fried egg, Spanish onion jam, tomato, mixed gourmet lettuce & aioli) $16

To share
Battered Chips $4
Aioli $1
Salt & Pepper Calamari (crispy crumbed calamari served with lime sweet chilli mayo dip) $8

Food and presentation - 3.5/5
Our calamari arrived first, it was fried perfectly and was  beautifully seasoned, a great start.  We were quite excited by the time our burgers arrived.  Hubby's Eggy Steaky burger was pretty good but the egg was a little overdone for us.  I also thought they were a bit heavy handed with the onion jam, although hubby didn't think so.  My Chicken Deluxe burger was not bad but the pesto made the bun a bit oily and soggy and the chicken fillet could've done with a bit more seasoning.  The chips, however, were nice, fresh and crispy.  As much as I love burgers I still haven't mastered the art of eating a burger elegantly, my burgers always tend to fall apart on me and then the sauce and juices from the burger end up all over my hands, does that happen to you?  I always wonder why they always stack burgers so high that you can't wrap your mouth around it or am I just really messy when it comes to eating burgers?

Salt & Pepper Calamari $8
Chicken Deluxe $15.50 and Battered Chips $4
Eggy Steaky $16
Service - 4/5
No table service as such, you order and pay at the counter and then they bring out the food.  However, the staff at the counter were very polite and had smiles on their faces and our food came out quickly.

Atmosphere - 4/5
Simple d├ęcor with a relaxed atmosphere which is typical of many burger joints, although I've been to some that are funky and lively.  No complaints, just eat and go so that the next person doesn't have to wait too long for a table.

Value for money - 4/5
Good value even without the Entertainment card.

Taste Test Total Score 15.5/20

V Burger Bar on Urbanspoon
Entertainment Book 2013/2014 Information
Section C - Casual Restaurant and Family Dining
Page - C15
Offer - 25% off the total bill up to $15 value

No comments:

Post a Comment