Saturday, 22 June 2013

Taste Test - Little Willy's

Little Willy's is a place I've walked past many, many times but most times I've walked past they were closed, so I just keep walking and have a little immature giggle to myself.

Today, I finally made it to Little Willy's because LN, who I haven't caught up with for ages, and I decided to have our catch up date there.  Well, I decided to have our catch up date there - LN didn't know about Little Willy's and thought I was joking when I told her the name and also had a giggle...so it's not just me.  You can't book so we decided to just rock up at 10:30am and see what happens.


Little Willy's is tiny!  It probably only fits around 20 people so at peak hour it'll be hard to find a seat.  Luckily, LN arrived a tad earlier than me and managed to get us a booth.  The menu was short and sweet but enough to make me undecided (I have a tendency to change my mind at the last second when ordering food). 

Just a tip, Little Willy's is cash only.

Our order
Moi
Omelette (salmon, feta and corn salsa) $14.50
Hot chocolate $4.30

LN
Lunch burrito (chicken, avocado, tomato, cheddar and corn salsa) with salad $13.50
Chilli hot chocolate $4.30

LN showed me photos of her trip to South America whilst we waited for our order to arrive.

Food and presentation - 3.5/5
LN and I enjoyed the food at Little Willy's.  My omelette was quite tasty but I did find the smoked salmon and feta combo a little bit salty - the bread was really nice though.  LN liked her burrito, I had a taste and it was quite nice.  The food at Little Willy's is fresh and made with quality ingredients.   
Omelette (salmon, feta and corn salsa) $14.50
Lunch burrito (chicken, avocado, tomato, cheddar and corn salsa) with salad $13.50
Our hot chocolates came out before our food, my chocolate was yummy although it wasn't the best I've had.  LN's chilli hot chocolate was a bit weird but it could be because I've never really liked chilli chocolate, although LN didn't really like it either.
Hot chocolate and Chilli hot chocolate $4.30 each
Service - 3.5/5
Little Willy's is an order and pay at the counter and we'll bring out the food type cafĂ©.  The staff were friendly and polite, our food came out relatively quickly and our plates cleared at a reasonable time after we had finished. 

Atmosphere - 3.5/5
I liked the quirky feel of Little Willy's, although they could do with fixing their seats (my booth seat was badly ripped).  Definitely a great little place for a catch up with friends if you can get a seat.  However, beware of weird customers - a story - LN and I were happily chatting away when an elderly lady popped her head behind me and asked what I had ordered.  I told her and a few minutes later she noticed that I had finished eating but still had some omelette left on my plate, so she asked if I could cut her a bit to try.  I told her that it wasn't a good idea but she was VERY insistent so I did, happy to say she enjoyed that bit of my left over omelette. 
Value for money - 3.5/5
Prices are comparable to similar brunch spots.

Will happily return for another breakfast, brunch or lunch date.

Taste Test Total Score 14/20

Little Willy's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment