Friday, 10 May 2013

Taste Test - Toast

What's my perfect Friday morning? A nice breakfast at a nice cafĂ© at a nice location and not having to rush to work afterwards.  Well, this perfect Friday morning was a semi reality for me this morning.  I know I was going to have a nice breakfast at Toast which overlooks the picturesque canals of East Perth and I didn't have to go to work (I did however have to go to a training course). 


At 7:30am on a Friday morning, I didn't expect Toast to be as ridiculously busy as they are on the weekend but surprisingly there are many people who have the luxury of Friday breakfast.  There were the posh residents of East Perth, mums with their young children, work colleagues going before work, those dropping in for a takeaway coffee on the way to work, girlie catch ups - it was a diverse crowd. 

One of the wait staff attended to me as soon as I set foot inside Toast and jokingly said he'll join me for breakfast when I told him I wanted a table for one.

There is so much to choose from the menu at Toast and it took me a while to decide.

My order
Potato, mint and feta pancakes with smoked salmon, poached eggs, sour cream and chives $17.90
Green tea $4.50

My tea was brought out quickly on a tray with everything I needed.

Food and presentation - 3.5/5
I like breakfast at Toast, it's usually fresh and good quality.  Unfortunately, I found my breakfast a bit salty a quarter of the way through, otherwise it was pretty yummy.
Potato, mint and feta pancakes with smoked salmon, poached eggs, sour cream and chives $17.90
Green tea $4.50
Service - 3.5/5
Service was good but nothing extra special. The waiter that attended to me when I walked in was friendly only at that point in time, he wasn't particularly friendly after that.

Atmosphere - 4/5
Overlooking the canals of East Perth, having breakfast at Toast is a slight reminder of breakfast along the canals of Amsterdam without the peace, tranquillity and European style.  Toast is always buzzing with activity on the weekend and it can sometimes feel a bit stressful but today was a lot calmer, you can take your time and it feels more relaxed.  I like the atmosphere here, great place for a group catch up or watch the world go by like I did today.
Value for money - 3.5/5
I love going out for breakfast, although it is quite expensive for what you get.  The prices at Toast are comparable to similar breakfast places which means it's not value for money but for the food, atmosphere and location, I don't mind.
Yes, I will be coming back again.

Taste Test Total Score 14.5/20

Toast on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment